Application for the NRF Korea Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) in Korea.
The Postdoctoral Program for Foreign Researchers is designed to provide promising young foreign researchers with opportunities to improve their knowledge and experience in the fields of science and technology while also conducting research activities in Korean universities and research laboratories.
This program aims to expand Korea’s scientific cooperation in response to increasingly diversified requests from home and abroad, particularly in the area of human resources. These are awarded to carry out work/research as a staff member in an approved work program relevant to the applicant’s specialization under Korean advisors.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
NRF KOREA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree and have some experiences in his/her field (science and technology).
- Be under the age of forty in the time for submitting the application.
- Be recommended by a nominating authority (Annex 3), in accordance with item 21 of the application form (Annex 1).
- These are available in the fields of Science and Technology.
- Hold an invitation letter from a Korean Advisor in order to be recommended by the nominating authority.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English (or Korean language).
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Citizens of Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Vietnam can apply.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree and have some experiences in his/her field (science and technology).
NRF KOREA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- A signed copy of the Application Form to the Korean host researcher with the recommendation from the nominating authority.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 31, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below