Application for the NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Funding for Undergraduate Program in South Africa – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) in South Africa.
The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording marginalized youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies.The following costs are covered by the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship: Tuition, Accommodation, Meals,and Study Books.
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is a South African-based agency established primarily to tackle challenges that the nation’s youth are faced with. The NYDA was established by an Act of parliament, Act no 54 of 2008.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
NYDA FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
NYDA FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications are to be completed online.
Application must include:
- A copy of Senior Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12).
- A copy of the latest academic transcript or record on an official letterhead or logo (if you are already at an Institution of Higher Education).
- A copy of valid South African identity document.
- Copies of valid South African identity documents of your parents or guardians.
- Copies of Salary Slips of your parents/guardians or affidavit/s stating no income received.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 16, 2020. will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below