Application for the Obama Foundation Scholarship at Columbia University in USA – 2020/2021 Entry is now open at the Columbia University in USA.
The grant is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the program and aims to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems and promote change through values-based leadership.The Foundation will cover the following expenses:-Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City,A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University,all tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University,basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program,air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities.Leadership development programming led by the Obama Foundation that will help Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
Established in 1754, Columbia University has thirteen graduate schools, four affiliated colleges, twenty-five libraries, and one hundred research centres and institutes. It provides degree programs in a diverse range of professional and inter-disciplinary fields.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
OBAMA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- The program will be awarded to study masters in any subject offered by the university.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork.
- This requirement is waived for applicants who have completed an undergraduate degree – not a master’s or graduate degree – in a country where English is an official language or have previously taken the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exams in the last five years and scored at or above the minimum requirement of 100 (TOEFL-IBT), 600 (TOEFL-PBT), 7.0 (IELTS), or 68 (PTE Academic). If applicants qualify for a waiver under this exception, they must upload a scanned copy of their score report to the online application to ensure their application is eligible for review. If they did not score at or above the required minimum or no longer have a copy of their old results, they must retake an English proficiency exam.
- For admission, the candidates must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university.
OBAMA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Eligible aspirants can register their interest in this education award by taking admission in the master’s program at the university. After being accepted, claimants can apply through the online application form for this grant.
Application must include:
- In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, applicants should upload curriculum vitae, proof of English proficiency, three letters of recommendation, and Personal video statement
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 13, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below