Application for the Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology PhD studentships for UK/EU Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Newcastle University in UK.
The educational award is available for outstanding UK and EU students, who wish to pursue PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2019-2020. The studentship will provide Full UK/EU fees and an annual living allowance of £15,009 (2019/20 UKRI rate).
Founded in 1871, the Newcastle University has more than 28,000 students from 140 countries worldwide to learn and get career-ready.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- UK/EU students can apply for the grant.
- The PhD support will be awarded in Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology.
- This studentship is available to home and EU candidates who have/expect a first-class or high 2:1 honours degree in physics, astronomy or a closely related discipline such as for example computer science, statistics, or data science.
- Enthusiasm for research, and the ability to think and work independently, excellent analytical skills and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential requirements. Some basic experience of programming is desirable.
- Aspirants are required to have extra requirements such as work experience or a portfolio, A/as levels, Scottish qualifications, international baccalaureate, Irish leaving certificate, access qualifications, BTEC qualifications and Cambridge Pre-U.
- Applicants whose first language is not English require a minimum of IELTS 6.5. International applicants may require an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate prior to obtaining their visa and to study on this programme.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 7, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below