Application for the Orange Knowledge Programme – OKP Scholarship Program for Masters Student at KIT Royal Tropical Institute in the Netherlands for 2019 entry is now open.
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is a 5-year programme that aims to advance the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions of higher and vocational education.
KIT Royal Tropical Institute is an independent center of expertise and education for sustainable development. We assist governments, NGOs and private corporations around the world to build equitable and sustainable societies. Our work focuses on health care, gender, economic development and intercultural cooperation. We also organise unique conferences and events in our historic building—creating them with sustainable partnerships, suppliers, materials, products and catering.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TUITION FEE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to the course of your choice. This means that you meet all the requirements set out by KIT Royal Tropical Institute / Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUA)
- Be nationals of and working and living in a country on the OKP Country list (please note that this list has changed. OKP Country List. We strongly encourage candidates from those countries to apply.
- Accept the OKP rules and regulations
- Upload in ATLAS all mandatory documents (see question below ‘how do I apply for a OKP scholarship’ for list of documents)
- Not to be employed by a multinational corporation, UN organisation, IMF, a bilateral or multilateral donor organisation or a large national and/or commercial organisation
- Be employed in an area to which the study will make a relevant contribution
- If you apply for a OKP short courses scholarship, you must:
- Not have accepted more than one OKP/NFP short course scholarship in the past
- Not have accepted a OKP/NFP short course scholarship in the year prior to the scholarship application
- If you apply for a OKP master’s degree programme scholarship, you must not have accepted an OKP/NFP master’s degree programme scholarship in the past
- Please note that only 1 OKP application in ATLAS should be made per application round
- Have a valid passport which is valid at the moment of application for the OKP scholarship until at least 3 months after the course has started (or preferably longer).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
TUITION FEE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must request academic admission directly from KIT (via the KIT online application system, follow the link in each specific course page).
- Applicants who have applied for a course for which OKP scholarships are available and have been accepted, will receive an e-mail from KIT with the correct link to ATLAS, the application system for OKP.
- Applicants have to apply separately for the OKP scholarship via: ATLAS (the OKP online application system).
- The registration period for OKP opens approx. 6 weeks before the application deadline. Check the application deadline for each course in the course description. So make sure you apply first for academic acceptance well in advance of this deadline! The earlier to better.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 25, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below