Application for the OMI PhD Studentships for UK, EU and International Students in UK 2019/20 Entry is now open at the Oxford-Man Institute (OMI) of Quantitative Finance in the UK.
The Oxford-Man Institute (OMI) of Quantitative Finance is an interdisciplinary research center in quantitative finance. It is part of the Department of Engineering Science (Information Engineering) and has a focus on alternative investments and data-driven science, especially machine learning. OMI members carry out academically outstanding research that addresses the key problems facing the financial industry. Researchers create new tools and methods that can give deeper insight into financial markets – how they behave, how they become stable or unstable, how to extract value from data at scales beyond human and how they could be made to work better. This is achieved through a unique combination of academic innovation and external engagement.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BOYACK UNDERGRADUATE BURSARY ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- These studentships are funded through the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance and are open to both UK & EU students (full award – fees plus stipend) and international students (partial award – fees at UK/EU rate plus stipend).
- Prospective candidates will be judged according to how well they meet the following criteria:
- A first-class honors degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or similar;
- Experience in machine learning and data analysis;
- Mathematical maturity with emphasis on estimation, inference and optimization theory;
- Ability to code in high-level scientific development language, e.g. Python, R, Matlab;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
- Following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Experience of modeling financial – or non-stationary, heteroskedastic – data.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)..
BOYACK UNDERGRADUATE BURSARY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates must submit a graduate application form and are expected to meet the graduate admissions criteria. Details are available on the course page of the University website.
- Please quote 19ENGIN_SROMI in all correspondence and in your graduate application. Informal inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Steve Roberts: [email protected]
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 25, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below