Application for the OWSD Early Career Fellowship for International Students in Italy – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World in Italy.
The fellowship is open to women who have completed their PhDs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics(STEM) subjects.
The fellowship programme supports early career women scientists to lead important research projects in those countries which have been identified as especially lacking in scientific and technological resources. The OWSD Early Career Fellowship is for two years and provides up to USD 50,000
The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) is an international non-profit organization based on the offices of the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in Trieste, Italy, a programming unit of UNESCO.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
OWSD EARLY CAREER FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must have been resident in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) for at least 5 years.
- The 5 years do not have to be consecutive
- The countries may vary slightly each year (always check the current list)
- Applicants can be citizens of any country, provided that the above residence requirement is fulfilled
- Eligible employment:
- At the time of application, applicants must provide proof of being employed at the university or research institute where the research project will be carried out. If employment has not yet commenced, proof of employment offer and confirmation of acceptance is required
- The institution where the research project will be carried out must be in one of the listed STLCs.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they will receive a salary from their university/research institute for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
- Research project proposals from other fields (social science, education, etc.) are not eligible and will not be taken into consideration.
- Eligible academic qualification
- Ph.D. in one of the above-listed study fields. Ph.D. awarded not more than 10 years prior to application.
OWSD EARLY CAREER FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- A scanned copy of the passport page containing personal details (photo, document number etc).
- Passport-size portrait photo
- Proof of residence
- Ph.D. certificate: A scanned copy of the Ph.D. certificate or proof of Ph.D. issued by the University.
- Proof of employment
- Complete updated CV.
- A complete list of publications.
- Applicants must submit two (2) reference letters; at least one must be from a senior scientist familiar with the applicant’s recent research.
- The letters must include the referee’s contact details for follow up from the Selection
- Supporting statement of the head of the applicant’s institution
- The applicant may wish to provide additional documents which provide evidence of skills, qualities or actions described in the research project (e.g. certificate of awards, memberships etc).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 30 April 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below