Application for the PhD International Scholarship in Bioinformatics of Human Adaptation in Denmark – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Copenhagen in UK.
The funding program supports talented students who have experience in working with large-scale genetic data, including low depth sequencing data. The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 331.125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for a salary supplement is possible.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. It offers more than 200 academic programs for study in varies fields including health sciences, humanities, law, life sciences, etc.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- MSc degree in bioinformatics, statistical genetics, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Completed formal courses in basic programming.
- Completed formal courses in analysis of large genetic data sets including NGS data.
- PhD degree program in Bioinformatics of Human Adaptation.
- Applicants must have experience and a strong interest in population genetics and statistical genetics. In addition to this, candidates must also have experience with the programming languages R and C/C++.
- If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must fill and submit the online application form. Before it, applicants are required to become a part of the University of Copenhagen as a PhD student at the Department of Biology.
Application must include:
- Candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, diploma, and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc), other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 8, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below