Application for the PhD International Scholarships in Evolution of Cognition in Australia – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Macquarie University in Australia.
This project is synergistic with Barron’s newly proposed framework of major transitions in cognition by comparing the cognitive mechanisms of two vastly different taxa, laying the foundation for a structural shift in how we understand animal intelligence. The funding comprises a scholarship equivalent of a full-fees award and stipends for up to 3.5 years. It is expected that the candidate will spend half of the scholarship term at the University of St Andrews and a half at Macquarie University: For the period spent at the University of St Andrews, the scholarship will comprise a total fees award and a stipend paid at the current UK Research Council rate (£15,609 each year in 2021–2022). And for the period spent at Macquarie University, the scholarship will comprise a stipend (tax-exempt and indexed annually), paid pro-rata. The rates can be found on the Australian Government website. A tuition fee scholarship will be granted for the period of joint enrolment. Macquarie University will also pay for one return economy airfare between Scotland and Australia up to a maximum value of AUD 2,500 to be arranged by the Graduate Research Academy.
Macquarie University, founded in 1964, has continuously been ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide and the top 10 in Australia. It offers a diverse range of degree-level programmes to students from throughout the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- The scholarship will be awarded in Evolution of cognition: the birds and bees.
- This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake a direct entry to PhD program.
- Candidates will enroll at both institutions from the outset.
- Applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of the chosen program.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the supervisors at [email protected] Expressions of interest should include the following documents:
- CV including information about publications
- Transcripts of most relevant/recent degrees
- Information about thesis components (thesis mark, word count, weight/length in comparison to the degree overall)
- Statement of suitability as a candidate for the project (max 500 words).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 14 April, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below