Application for the PhD International Studentships in Algorithms and Mechanisms for Blockchain in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Liverpool in UK.
This educational award is accessible for brilliant worldwide students who want to start a PhD degree programme at the university. The main aims of this PhD project are to research blockchain protocols and in particular Tezos protocol and identify and model novel optimisation Algorithmic Mechanism Design problems within these protocols and design efficient algorithmic solutions for these problems. The University of Liverpool provides funded studentship for 4 years in total and will provide UK tuition fees and maintenance at the UKRI Doctoral Stipend rate (£15,609 per annum, 2021/22 rate).
Founded in 1841, the University of Liverpool is a public university based in the city of Liverpool. It is ranked 129th globally as it chases its mission to be dedicated to the advancement of learning and ennoblement of life.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD INTERNATIONAL STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from all over the world are welcome.
- PhD degree programmes in Algorithms and Mechanisms for Blockchain.
- The applicants are required to be enrolled at the university.
- The candidates for the PhD position should have a strong Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or should be close to obtaining their degree) in computer science, mathematics, or a closely related academic discipline, with a background in at least one of the following fields: Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Optimisation, Randomised Algorithms, Probability Theory. Maturity in mathematics is desired, and prior exposure to game theory/mechanism design or machine learning techniques are a plus but not essential. Good programming skills in a general-purpose programming language are required.
- Applicants must check the entry requirements of the university.
- International students must have an internationally-recognized English language qualification for the opportunity.
PHD INTERNATIONAL STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- School or college transcripts/ certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- English language certificates (International applicants only)
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letterheaded paper (these should be academic references if you have been in full-time education in the last three years)
- Research proposal (may be tested for plagiarism, collusion and other irregularities).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 18 April, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below