Application for the PhD Positions for International Students in New Zealand – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
International students who wish to undertake PhD degree in the field of organic chemistry at Victoria University of Wellington are eligible to apply for this grant. The grant will cover the full tuition fee of the selected applicants and will also provide a stipend of $27,500 per annum for the duration of the study.
Originally named Victoria College, Victoria University of Wellington, is a research institute that chases research strengths and the distinctive advantages and opportunities that it provides to deliver transformative outcomes. It ranked #223 in the World University Ranking, QS 2021.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities
- PhD in a new class of anti-tuberculosis drugs: Design and synthesis of MetX inhibitors.
- The applicants must be successful applicant has a background in organic chemistry.
- The applicants must hold a BSc (Hons), MSc or equivalent degree in chemistry with a focus on organic chemistry.
- The applicants must fulfil all entry requirements of the university to secure admission.
- The applicants must attain average scores in either of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 90 on the internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing
- IELTS – 6.5 overall and no sub-score below 6
- PTE – 58 with a communicative score of not less than 50.
PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The applicants can apply online through the university’s official portal to enrol themselves with the university. Apply to Postgraduate Coordinator Dr Alison Daines [email protected]
Application must include:
- All degree certificates and transcripts (undergraduate AND postgraduate MSc—officially translated into English where necessary)
- A detailed CV
- Details of 2 academic referees
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 1st, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below