Application for the PhD Positions in Development of Robotic Solutions for UK and EU Students in UK – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Nottingham in UK.
The application process is open to all international and domestic for the academic year 2021-2022. UK nationals and students from EU countries with an upper-class degree in a relevant field applying for a 3 ½ – year PhD programme at Nottingham are eligible to be selected. The award of the award includes a tuition fee and a yearly stipend. The University of Nottingham will provide the selected PhD candidates a tax-free stipend of £15,609.00 a year; tuition fees paid and a generous study package for up to 3 ½ – years.
The University of Nottingham is a renowned public research university dedicated to improving the wellbeing of people by providing outstanding education and research through its education system. It is ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All students from the UK and from EU countries are both eligible to apply.
- Applicants can undertake PhD study in the Development of Robotic Solutions with High Manoeuvrability in Confined and Congested Spaces offered at the Engineering Department of the University of Nottingham.
- First rate analytical and numerical skills, with a well-rounded academic background.
- Demonstrated ability to develop precision robotics system and algorithm
- Ability to develop kinematic and/or dynamic analysis of robotic systems
- Ability to implement control and kinematics with hardware-in-the–loop
- Background with relevant packages, (MATLAB, SolidWorks/Creo, ROS/OpenCV/python/C++, LabVIEW languages)
- A driven, professional, and self-dependent work attitude is essential
- Experience of working within the industry will be an advantage
- The ability to produce high-quality presentations and written reports
- Applicants are required to have a First or upper second-class degree in robotics/mechanical/cybernetics/mechatronics /computer science or related scientific discipline.
- If you’re a native English speaker, or you have studied in an English-speaking country or institution, we may be able to accept your academic qualifications as evidence of your English language ability.
PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students must submit their initial application online through the university portal. Candidate contact Prof Dragos Axinte and Dr Abd Mohammad. Do not submit your application via the My Nottingham platform without having contacted their team first.
Application must include:
- The students are required to upload scanned copies of their degree certificate and transcripts, as well as any other supporting documents, and must also include a research proposal of 1000-2000 words in their application.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30th, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below