Application for the PhD Positions in Identification of a Roseoflavin Exporter in Germany – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Applied Sciences Mannheim in Germany.
The objective of the present project is the identification of the roseoflavin exporter in S. davaonensis. Five different work packages describe experiments that should lead to the identification of the roseoflavin exporter. It is unclear at present whether a single protein or whether multiple proteins form this unique exporter. The University of applied sciences will provide the salary for students in Germany.
The Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a public higher education institute located in Mannheim, Germany. It offers degree programs at the bachelor’s and master’s levels in the fields of engineering, informatics, biotechnology, design, and social affairs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Germany applicants are eligible.
- PhD degree in Identification of a roseoflavin exporter in the roseoflavin producer Streptomyces davaonensis.
- A person interested in bacterial membrane-bound transporters (importers/exporters) in general would be the most appropriate. Moreover, since we also will use a genetic approach to identify the novel elusive roseoflavin exporter, the candidate also should be familiar with state-of-the-art cloning techniques. We will teach you to use a bacterial CRISPR-Cas9 system and BioID.
- Students must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- For English, the following proofs are accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with at least 90 internet-based TOEFL-test points (out of 120) or the TOEFL.ITP with at least 570 points (out of 677)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a result of at least 6,5 (out of 9)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Applicants who took part in an undergraduate program in which the language of instruction was English are asked to provide a suitable certificate from their Faculty.
- For German, the following proofs are accepted:
- “Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – Zweite Stufe” (Beschluss der Kultusministerkonferenz (KMK) vom 16.03.1972 und 05.10.1973 in jeweils geltender Fassung)
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH-Stufe 2) gemäß der Rahmenordnung der Hochschulrektorenkonferenz (HRK) und KMK
- Großes or Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom issued by the Goethe-Institute
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung issued by the Goethe-Institute
- “Deutsch als Fremsprache” (TestDaF) certificate, only if passed with a mark of TDN 4 or better in all of the examinations
- Zeugnis der Prüfung zur Feststellung der Eignung ausländischer Studienbewerber für die Aufnahme eines Studiums an den Hochschulen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (“Feststellungsprüfung”)
- An equivalent certificate based on a bilateral treaty with another country.
PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Participants need to join an undergraduate degree course at the university and then submit their applications for the award through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must include:
- Aspirants are advised to create a PDF file and include an essay within 250 words and describe how you will use this grant. Also, include a curriculum vitae and a copy of passport and attach this file with your application.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 31, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below