Application for the PhD/Postdoctoral Position in Advanced Groundwater Modelling in Austria – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Vienna in Austria.
The funding programme assists highly motivated aspirants who want to pursue research in groundwater modelling, pollutant dynamics, and nanogeosciences. The University of Vienna will offer the following benefits: Working in a motivating and stimulating internationally recognized scientific environment with excellent facilities, Provide continuous support, mentoring, career planning, and coaching, and Offer competitive salary (~ € 55.000 postdoc, ~ € 31.000 PhD gross annual salary including full social security coverage).
Established in 1365, the University of Vienna is the oldest and largest public university in the German-speaking world in Central Europe. It offers various undergraduate and graduate degree programs for excellent students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD/POSTDOCTORAL POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- PhD and Postdoctoral degree program in Advanced Groundwater Modelling.
- Very strong background in groundwater modelling including transient and inverse problems.
- Excellent knowledge of FEFLOW, FePEST, programming, e.g., Phyton.
- Motivated, independent, and reliable.
- Candidates are required to hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
- Fluent spoken and written English (German would be beneficial) and excellent communication skills.
PHD/POSTDOCTORAL POSITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the position, all applications should be addressed to thilo.hofmann-at-univie.ac.at.
Application must include:
- Must provide a letter of motivation, a full CV with a detailed description of your skills, and the contact details of two referees. If you apply for a Postdoc position, add a detailed research vision and links to your research papers.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 21, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below