Application for the PhD Student Position in Computational Linguistics in Belgium 2019/20 Entry is now open for International students at the Ghent University in Belgium.
In the context of a research infrastructure project, a scholarship is offered for a PhD student in the LT3 Language and Translation Technology Team at the Ghent University Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication.
The successful applicant will participate in a multidisciplinary research collaboration between UGent and UHasselt (Expertise Centre for Digital Media).
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENT POSITION IN COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarship is available for International students.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field ((Computational) Linguistics, or Computer Science)
- Strong interest in language and speech technology
- Interested in research and having the intention to obtain a PhD degree
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Eager to acquire new competencies and knowledge
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java) •The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team, and will be guided by advisors with a computer science/computational linguistics background (UGent-UHasselt) and with a background in dialectology/linguistics (UGent).
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
PHD STUDENT POSITION IN COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application in English should include
- A motivation letter, summarizing the candidate’s background and capabilities, and describing his/her motivation for this position
- Attested copies of education certificates, and a list of master courses with the grades obtained
- An extensive CV • contact information (e-mail) of potential referees
- Applications are to be sent by e-mail to Prof. Dr Veronique Hoste ([email protected]) and Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita ([email protected]).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 07, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below