Application for the PhD Studentships for Domestic and International Students in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Wellcome Sanger Institute in UK.
All national and international applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship. Highly competitive students with an interest in Genomics will be considered. The studentship is a fully-funded award covering all possible educational costs. Wellcome Sanger Institute will provide a fully-funded study of a 4 year PhD programme to the selected 12 candidates in the UK.
Wellcome Sanger Institute, affiliated with the University of Cambridge, is a non-profit British genomics and genetics research institute. It addresses scientific questions underpinning health issues of low and middle-income countries.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from the UK and other international countries are eligible.
- Students can undertake any 4 year PhD programme at Sanger.
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time 4 year PhD programme at Sanger.
- Candidates are expected to hold, or be about to achieve, a 1st or a good 2:1 class degree or an equivalent overseas education.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- CAE – Grade A or B plus a language center assessment.
- CPE – Grade A, B, or C.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications for PhD students at Sanger are accepted via its online application page. Eligible students will automatically be considered.
Application must include:
- Provide details of your academic qualifications
- Outline any relevant work experience (max 200 words)
- Choose 3 Faculty members whose research area interests you (see potential supervisors page for information on Faculty members and their research areas)
- Outline your research interests and indicate how these fit with the research interests of the Sanger Institute (max 200 words)
- Write a personal statement on your research experience, research interests, and career goals, explaining why you wish to pursue postgraduate training at the Sanger Institute (max 400 words)
- Provide details of two academic referees (one of these can be the supervisor of an industrial or research placement)
- Upload your University transcript(s) as a PDF file
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 2nd December, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below