Application for the PhD Studentships in Construction of the First Error Corrected Quantum Computer in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Sussex in UK.
The University of Sussex has organized this PhD scholarship for UK and EU national students that want to pursue a PhD degree in Physics. The students are expected to hold a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree to be eligible to win this scholarship. The University of Sussex will provide the selected PhD students with the following benefits: Fully-paid tuition fees for three and a half years, A tax-free bursary for living costs for three and a half years. From October 22, this is expected to be £15,609 per year, A support grant for three and a half years of £1,650 per year for travel and conferences, and Only UK Higher Education “Home Fee” status applicants and EU residents satisfying the three-year residency requirement are eligible.
The University of Sussex, a leading research-intensive university, currently ranked 246th in QS Global World Rankings 2021, is a public research university located in Falmer, East Sussex, and England. The University of Sussex strives to carry out high-quality research that addresses real-world issues.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- UK and EU students are eligible to apply.
- Students can apply for a PhD degree programme in Physics at the University of Sussex.
- The applicants must be UK Higher Education “Home Fee” status applicants or be EU residents satisfying the three-year residency requirement.
- The applicants must hold, or expect to hold, at least a UK upper second class degree (or non-UK equivalent qualification) in Physics, or a closely-related area, or else a lower second class degree followed by a relevant Master’s degree.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- PTE – 62
- Duolingo – 115
- CAE – 176
- CPE – 176.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Students must make an admission application at Sussex. A separate scholarship application is not required. All students that apply for the PhD in Physics programme will be considered.
Application must include:
- Personal statement
- Degree certificates
- Transcripts or grade
- Academic reference
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 24th June, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below