Application for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program for International Applicants in USA- 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the East-West Center in USA.
The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program is intended to promote research activities on Korean topics at the East-West Center. Fellows are provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
The East-West Center promotes better relations and understanding among the people and nations of the United States, Asia, and the Pacific through cooperative study, research, and dialogue.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSCO VISITING FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants can apply for these fellowships.
- he Program invites outstanding scholars and policymakers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security, and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea.
- They are required to give one seminar, prepare a high-quality paper to be submitted for publication, and join in East-West Center activities.
- Fellows may also be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy activities.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
POSCO VISITING FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- USA cover letter indicating the research theme or project
- Curriculum vitae, which may be circulated among East-West Center staff
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages), which should do the following:
- Set out the issue or issues of the proposed investigation
- Describe the research method
- State the relationship of the proposed study to ongoing work in the area
- Explain how the proposed study can advance regional development and cooperation
- Propose the duration of fellowship required, the expected time that the applicant can be in residence at the East-West Center
- Describe the anticipated publication product
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 31, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below