Application for the Postdoctoral Positions in Microcomb Technology in Sweden – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Chalmers University in Sweden.
Funded by the European Research Council, this project aims to investigate the potential of a new class of coherent microresonator frequency combs, namely dark optical solitons (or dark pulse Kerr combs), in advanced optical communication systems. Candidates that have relevant PhD qualifications are eligible. The selected candidates will be offered full-time temporary employment for up to 2 years along with a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university centered solely on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management areas. Ranking 342nd in Best Global Universities, it aims to produce and spread knowledge, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Swedish students as well as other international candidates are both eligible to apply.
- Applicants can apply for a postdoctoral in microcomb technology and applications at Chalmers.
- The applicants must be responsible enough to lead and conduct research and guide junior PhD students.
- The applicants must have solid experience with ultrafast optics (laser frequency combs), nanophotonics and finite element method solvers.
- The applicants should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) in Applied Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application for the postdoctoral position can be made here. The application should be marked with Ref 20210433 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files
Application must include:
- Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates
- Personal letter
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 1, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below