Application for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for International Students in Canada – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
UBC primary purpose is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.Fellowships of $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Must have completed all requirements of their Ph.D. no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of Ph.D. requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree.
- Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program.
- The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research.
- Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities.
- The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their Ph.D. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- Maybe citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements
- English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements of their Ph.D. no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 31st, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below