Application for the Postgraduate Research International Awards in Myrtle Rust in Australia – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Sydney in Australia.
The educational award encourages students who want to conduct research in plant-pathogen interactions causing myrtle rust. This support will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. It is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. It is known as one of Australia’s six sandstone universities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- Postgraduate Research degree programme in plant-pathogen interactions causing myrtle rust.
- Must be currently enrolled or have an unconditional offer of admission to study a full-time PhD
- Be willing to conduct research into plant-pathogen interactions, specifically in the pathogen causing myrtle rust
- Hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a substantial research component
- Have a background or interest in: plant molecular biology, plant disease resistance and plant fungal pathogens, computational and genome biology and scripting languages such as Python or R
- If you are an international applicant, be able to meet the costs of tuition and the costs of any travel or quarantine arrangements required by the University of Sydney or any Australian State or Federal Government Agency.
- For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Must provide degree certificates, academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, and previous research experience with your application.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 15, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below