Application for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship for International Students In UK – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the Royal Geographical Society with (IBG) in UK.
This educational award is activated for the UK and international students and having the aim of supporting a postgraduate research program in the UK or overseas.The program will provide awards of £500 to £2,000 for postgraduate students to undertake fieldwork.
189 years ago, the Royal Geographical Society was established in 1830. It is the UK’s learned society and professional body for geography.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Home (UK) and International students are eligible.
- Pursuing postgraduate research degree program in the field of physical environment; conservation and sustainability; society and economy in the UK or overseas.
- Must currently be enrolled with a UK higher education institution and have not received this support before. Preference will be given to those applicants who not receive full funding from a Research Council or comparable levels of support from other sources. Awards are available to individuals only and not can be made retrospectively.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you are interested in this research, then send your application for the grant through email to the Society’s Grants Officer ([email protected]) by the deadline.
Application must include:
- Your Name, affiliation, full contact details with your email, the year of commencement of the postgraduate course and the intended completion date, title and short abstract of project, aim of the project, a full description of the proposed research, including field site, along with a brief description on the research, details off permissions needed, a risk assessment and safety management plan and details of appropriate ethical approvals, one page summary CV with details of appropriate experience and expertise. Two referee statement, one should be from the PhD supervisor and one should be independent of the research activities and institution.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 23 (each year) will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below