Application for the Primary PhD Positions for Domestic and International Students in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Sydney Quantum Academy in Australia.
This initiative of SQA seeks to find bright postgraduate students, considering research training in quantum science and technology, and provide them financial aid and chance to work with top researchers. The program will provide the following perks: SQA Full PhD Scholarship; A stipend of $35,000 AUD per annum for a maximum duration of four years. An additional $5,000 AUD will be granted to successful applicants for career development, and Student tuition fees may be waived for successful international applicants. SQA Supplementary PhD Scholarship; A value of $33,000 AUD or less, The SQA Supplementary PhD support will cover the difference between the value of the primary stipend and the SQA Full PhD funding for the remaining duration of the primary stipend, and if a candidate’s primary PhD stipend is funded for less than four years, they may be provided with a full PhD scholarship of $35,000 AUD per annum to extend their candidature for the remaining period of candidature.
Sydney Quantum Academy is a unique collaboration between four NSW universities. It is committed to supporting the development of the quantum technology ecosystem of Sydney through industry and community engagement, education and entrepreneurship.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PRIMARY PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- This scholarship is available for permanent residents, citizens of Australia, and also international students.
- The sponsorship will be awarded for PhD study.
- Requirements are varied depending on which program you are applying for:
- SQA Full PhD Positions;
Must be domestic and international candidates with an outstanding track record of academic achievement and research potential to pursue full-time PhD studies related to the field of quantum science and technology at one of our founding universities.
- SQA Supplementary PhD Scholarship
Must be currently undertaking a PhD program (full-time) in the field of quantum science and technology at one of the founding universities.
- Applications are open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants
- PhD Candidates must be enrolled in or have an unconditional offer in a full-time PhD program at one of the four SQA founding universities
- PhD candidates must have the support of an academic staff member at one of the founding universities. This staff member would be the candidate’s proposed supervisor and must provide endorsement for their project proposal and application.
- Entry requirements vary depending on which SQA founding university you are applying for.
- All students need appropriate English language skills for admission in these universities.
PRIMARY PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Application must include the following materials: CV, Project proposal, Academic transcripts, Proof of contact with and support from your nominated supervisor (letter of endorsement). The letter of endorsement must be sent directly to SQA by your nominated supervisor.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 20, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below