Application for the QU Scholarship Programs for International Students in Australia – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Queensland in Australia.
UQ’s Academic program aims to reward the achievements of outstanding school leavers and gap year students.The program aims to reward the achievements of outstanding school leavers and gap year students. UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships: Up to $60,000, UQ Excellence Scholarships: Up to $24,000 and UQ merit awards: $6,000.
Ranked in the world’s top 50, the University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. UQ’s world-class campuses facilitate the best teaching practices and optimal learning experiences.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
QU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens, or international students who are completing or have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Are Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders; or are Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens, or international students who are completing or have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia;
- Have not completed any previous tertiary study other than that undertaken as part of Year 11-12 studies (eg. Enhanced Studies Program).
- Have applied for a tertiary place through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
- Are intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland in 2020 (or 2021 if they are deferring their tertiary place).
- Have UQ listed as their 1st or 2nd QTAC preference.
- Applicants must at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements.
QU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Step 1: Online Eligibility and Application Form
Applicants only need to complete and submit ONE application to be considered for the three academic programs on offer.
Before you apply, you will need to apply to QTAC to receive your reference number. Your QTAC number is the reference number which you receive after you have lodged your QTAC application online. Your QTAC reference number will begin with a ’19’ (or a ’18’ if you are a gap year student who applied through QTAC in 2018). (Your QTAC reference number is different to your LUI number)
- Go to the Online Application Form link below, and create a user profile.
-Do not use your secondary school email address;
-Use the same personal details as your QTAC application;
-If you applied for Enhanced Studies Program in 2018 at UQ you may already have a user profile to use.
Application must include:
- On your Profile page, choose View Programs and select academic programs.
- To commence your application, complete the Eligibility form to ensure you are eligible to apply for a UQ Academic Scholarship.
- If you are eligible to apply, the Application form can then be commenced. You can ‘Save’ the form and return to it as many times as you please. Do not ‘Submit’ your application unless you are sure you have nothing further to add to it.
- Please answer all the questions on page 1 of the Application Form. Please ensure you use the same details as you have used in your QTAC application in the personal and contact details sections.
- You can indicate up to 10 of your best achievements, achieved in years 11 & 12, in the academic, leadership and community service sections on pages 2-4. A drop-down list of example achievements in each section can be selected, otherwise, select ‘Other’ and use the free form text box to add your achievement. Please note, you will be required to provide supporting documentation to evidence ALL your listed achievements.
- Check the boxes applicable to you on page 5.
- Upload supporting documentation in the Upload Documents sections relevant to your listed achievements. (Refer to section 2 below)
- When you are ready to finalise your application, having completed the application form and uploaded supporting documentation, click the ‘SUBMIT’ link. Please note, the application form cannot be edited once it has been submitted.
- The Online Application Form and all supporting documentation for 2019 academic programs must be submitted by midnight on 16 November 2018. Late applications will NOT be considered.
- Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email as part of your application process to confirm that your Online Application Form has been successfully submitted. Please contact the Student Fees and Scholarships Office at if you haven’t received your confirmation email within two working days of submitting your application.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 17, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below