Application for the Quantum Optical Cavities Fully Funded PhD Studentship for UK & EU Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Exeter in UK.
The educational award is activated for both UK & EU students who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020/21. This award provides annual funding to cover UK/EU tuition fees and a tax-free stipend. For students who pay UK/EU tuition fees the award will cover the tuition fees in full, plus at least £15,009 per year tax-free stipend.
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter is a public research university that offers a wide range of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Aspirants from UK &EU are eligible to apply for the program.
- Pursue PhD degree will be awarded in Quantum Optical Cavities.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants for this studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
- Applicants are expected to have the experimental experiences in solid-state/external-cavity diode lasers, laser frequency locking to the resonator and atomic transition, and fibre optics. The basic knowledge on the theoretical quantum optics, such as light-mater interaction & laser physics is highly desirable.
- For taking admission at the university, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements.
- If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 in IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
PHD STUDENTSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the award, applicants can apply online using this application portal, where you will be able to submit your research proposal.
Application must include:
- In the application process you will be asked to upload several documents such as CV, Letter of application, Transcript(s) and If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 17, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below