Application for the Research Scholarship For Graduate In Brunei – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Brunei Darussalam in Brunei.
The scholarship scheme is offered to the citizens/applicants of ASEAN, Commonwealth, OIC Member countries. The qualified applicant will be recommended for the prestigious GRS Award that includes handsome allowances (1500.00 BND/month), free tuition, free first-class on-campus housing and travel allowances with the ticket from home country. Applicant will be awarded with tuition fees including registration and acceptance fee at the Universiti Brunei Darussalam will be waived.A subsistence allowance of Brunei Dollar 1,500.00 per month for 36 months, for candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one incoming and outgoing economy class return air ticket will be provided, from (upon accepting the program) and back to home country (upon completion of study), Allowances for field research (Brunei Dollar 3,000.00 for per Science PhD candidates and Brunei Dollar 1,000.00 for Arts and Humanities PhD candidates) and visa fees will be included in the program for candidates.
The University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD) is a well-funded research university in Southeast Asia with a strong culture of scholarship, and strategic collaboration with international institutions. UBD is committed to opening doors to the brightest students to work among and network with our researchers to enrich their experience and equip them with the skills to maximise their talents.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold Master’s degree or equivalent (for PhD application) from a reputable university and provide evidence of English proficiency on or before application process (IELTS 6.5 or higher).
- Has a Master Degree OR at least a First Class Degree in the relevant field recognised by UBD Senate.
- Able to demonstrate English Proficiency.
- High quality and impactful research proposal and able to demonstrate good academic track record.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
- Prospective applicants are strongly advised to contact directly prior to writing their research proposal.
- PhD/MSc level applicants in one of these following areas:
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics,
- DNA chip and Nucleic Acid Sensors,
- Immunosensors &
- Point of Care Devices
- Applicants must prefer a background in one of the following areas:
- Biomedical engineering,
- Biotechnology and/or Chemical Biology
- Bioanalytical Chemistry,
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology,
- Microbiology and Chemical Engineering.
RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application for Graduate Studies with Graduate Research opportunities are available here. Application forms are also available from the Admission and Student Records Office, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Jalan Tungku Link, Gadong, BE1410, Negara Brunei Darussalam.
- The application can be made with the application for admission through the online admission system (OASys) webpage
Application must include:
- To complete the application, the applicant must submit a proposal for research together with the application form. Applicants are also required to submit a detailed research proposal which is normally expected to include the following topics: proposed title; rationale; aims and methodology; literature review; preliminary bibliography; provisional timetable; provisional table of contents, and an indication of any special requirements for the study.
- Interested candidates are requested to contact immediately (For August 2020, contact before November 2019) with their full curriculum vitae, list of publications, research interest (all should be in a single PDF file) to Dr Minhaz Ahmed, Email: [email protected]
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below