Application for the Richard Plaschka Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Austria – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the OeAD GmbH in Austria.
The grant recipients should place emphasis on cross-border collaboration in their scientific activities. Supplementary grant, own funds are required, Monthly grant rate: 1.150 EUR, Monthly mobility allowance: 600 EUR (for research stays of 3 months or longer), Accommodation, insurance, It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are: monthly rent: 220 to 480 EUR (depending on the amenities) or monthly administrative fee: 18 EUR, OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves. Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees. Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. 1.000 EUR. This subsidy can cover (parts of) travel expenses to Austria as well as to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country.
The OeAD GmbH is the central service centre for European and international mobility and cooperation programmes in the fields of education, science and research.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
RICHARD PLASCHKA FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of all nationalities (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
- Eligible for application are highly qualified post-docs in the field of history who are primarily occupied with Austria-related topics. Recipients of Richard Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and institutes and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
RICHARD PLASCHKA FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application. Two recent letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required but must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and must be no older than six months at the time of application.)
Application must include:
- Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
- Scan of your passport (page with name and photo)
- Scan of the university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
- Record of all previously held university courses
- Proof of employment at a university
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below