Application for the Romanian Government Awards for Foreign Students in Romania – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Romanian Government in Romania.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the institution of central public administration which implements the foreign policy of Romania, in accordance with the legislation in force and with the Government’s Program. The scholarship consists of: Free-of-charge tuition, Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose), Financial support – a monthly amount representing: the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle), the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle, the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle. These endowments do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education Scientific Research has decided that the beneficiaries of The grants should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ROMANIAN GOVERNMENT AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of non-EU countries can apply for these Romanian government scholarships.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other programs.
- The applicant for the opportunity must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of a family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the opportunity must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the opportunity has not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.
- The bursaries are awarded for 3 study cycles:
- For the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta).
- For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- For the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis. Admission to a PhD course is conditioned by an entrance examination.
- In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education Scientific Research has decided that the beneficiaries of The grants should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
ROMANIAN GOVERNMENT AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The registration period begins on 14 December 2021. The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrolment calendar. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission.
Incomplete or non-compliant dossiers with the fields of study and methodology are considered disqualified and will not be evaluated by the MFA committee. The files of the rejected candidates following the evaluation of the MFA and MNE committees are not returned. Dossiers filed directly with the MFA or MNE registration offices are not considered
Application must include:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a award in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or it’s equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets/diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
The files will also be filled in with the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation;
- The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation;
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable;
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
Procedure for file analysis and selection of scholars
- The MFA checks the application files and presents the files that are eligible to the MFA Selection Board. The files selected by the MFA Commission will be forwarded to the MNE Selection Board.
- The members of the two commissions evaluate the application files according to the scientific competencies of the candidates, as well as the chosen field of study.
- The Boards will approve, within the number of places, the list of accepted candidates.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 30, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below