Application for the Rotary Yoneyama Funding for International Students in Japan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation in Japan.
The Foundation awards to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. For fall enrollment: payment begins in October (or September) 2020, Undergraduates;100,000 yen per month, Master’s students; 140,000 yen per month, Doctoral students; 140,000 yen per month, Actual expenses to arrive in Japan up to 250,000 yen are reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit all relevant receipts.
The Foundation is Japan’s largest private organization, both in terms of program scale and number of programs awarded. The scholarship supports excellent students from other countries who are studying or doing research at the Japanese Institute.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ROTARY YONEYAMA FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students (Non-Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama educations.
- Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this study.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan or be residing in Japan.
- These are available for pursuing undergraduate, master and Ph.D. degree programs at Japanese University or Graduate School.
- These are awarded in all disciplines.
- Those who enroll in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enroll in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor/professor in Japanese graduate schools of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected
- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and the ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- As the page 6-7 shows, there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located.
- There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted at the university/graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
ROTARY YONEYAMA FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The application and documents should be prepared in PDF format.
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of the application for admission, Research plan, Letter of recommendation, Copy of Letter of Acceptance, Composition, a document certifying Japanese language proficiency.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below