Application for the RSIF PhD Positions for Sub-Saharan African Students in Tanzania – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Wise-Futures and PASET in Tanzania.
The grant is open for dazzling students who want to apply for the PhD degree program at host African universities in Tanzania. RSIF PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits: The RSIF PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, a competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs, RSIF PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6-24 months on ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company, RSIF PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA, and RSIF PhD scholars will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
WISE – Futures is one of the East and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence. It aimed at achieving excellence by uplifting the capacity of Tanzania and African nations to solve pressing problems related to water, sanitation, and energy.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
RSIF PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The master’s degree must have been completed less than six years before April 30 2020.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the African Host University they are applying to.
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country.
- Be willing to enrol full-time in a PhD program at an African Host University in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the RSIF Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- Sub-Saharan African Country.
- PhD in applied sciences, engineering or technology.
- Aspirants must have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Students must have a good command on the written and spoken the English language.
RSIF PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To being enlisted in the program, aspirants are required to enrol in the PhD degree program at the host university. After that, you can complete the award application form.
Application must include:
- Copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates, copies of university transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, current curriculum vitae, personal statement/ motivation letter, phd proposal abstract, two signed, official letters of recommendation from your employer
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 15, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below