Application for the SAAB Scholarship in South Africa for Students from SADC Countries – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa.
The scholarship is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year. There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SAAB SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarships are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
SAAB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
- Applications must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected] (Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Note: Ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 27, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below