Application for the Said Foundation Scholarship For postgraduate in UK – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the Said Foundation in UK.
The grants Programme provides students and young professionals, recognized for their leadership potential, with educational and training opportunities that will help their career development, will enable them to achieve impact in their professional fields and ultimately to bring benefits to others in their countries of origin.The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost postgraduate placements annually.
The Said foundation grants Programme aims to promote education and development in the Middle East and to provide students and young professionals with educational and training opportunities that will help their career development, enable them to achieve impact in their professional fields and bring benefits to others in their countries of origin.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SAID FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are restricted to candidates who are Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals ordinarily resident in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine or Israel.
- Hold Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian or Syrian, nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation’s target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in the final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Apply for a Ph.D. or DPhil course at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge only.
- Hold an existing teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.
- Applicants need to provide evidence that they meet the Foundation’s English language requirement. This is a score in IELTS of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each band. However, some UK universities have higher English language requirements and if they are selected for an interview they must provide proof that they have met their proposed university’s requirements.
- Applicants must have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
SAID FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Students will be required to submit their online application.
Application must include:
- Applicants have to provide a copy of high school marks/certificate, a copy of university transcripts and graduation certificate. If they have not yet graduated, they should submit a copy of university marks to date, a copy of passport or national ID card, a copy of English language results, an offer letter from, Three references;
- Ph.D. applicants only: In addition to three references, they must also submit a supporting statement from their proposed university supervisor or other academic/professional expert which supports the relevance of and need for their studies at the Ph.D. level in their home country.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 1st, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below