Application for the School of English Doctoral Research International Scholarships in Ireland – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Dublin City University in USA.
Postgraduate programmes in the field of Children’s/Young Adult Literature, Gender and Sexuality, Irish Literature and Irish Women’s Writing, Transcultural Writing or Poetry Studies taught at the DCU School of English can be undertaken with this scholarship application. The selected PhD candidates will receive a stipend of €16,500 per annum and have their fees paid for up to four years, subject to satisfactory annual progression.
The DCU School of English is a part of the DCU Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is affiliated to the Dublin City University, which ranks 1st in Ireland and 19th in the world for graduate employability, according to the 2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DOCTORAL RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All interested students can apply.
- Students can apply for a research study in Children’s/Young Adult Literature, Gender and Sexuality, Irish Literature and Irish Women’s Writing, Transcultural Writing or Poetry Studies at the DCU School of English.
- The applicants must be capable of contributing to the teaching of the School as they progress.
- The applicants must be commencing their studies in September 2022.
- The applicants must hold a relevant undergraduate degree at first-class honors-level or at least 2.1 level. Ideally, applicants should hold a relevant Master’s qualification.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 92
- TOEFL CBT – 237
- TOEFL – 580
- IELTS – 6.5
- DET – 110 to 120
- ETAPP – C1
- CAE – 180
- PTE – 63
- CAP – 180
DOCTORAL RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Students can apply to DCU via its online application portal. Candidates potentially interested in applying for a scholarship should in the first instance send a research proposal of 3000 words accompanied by a bibliography (which is not included in the word count) to Dr Sharon Murphy, Research Convenor in the School of English at [email protected].
Application must include:
- A letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for the scholarship.
- A research proposal of 3000 words accompanied by a bibliography (which is not included in the word count).
- A CV including names and contact details of two academic referees.
- A copy of undergraduate and postgraduate degree certificates.
- Copies of transcripts from undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 31st March, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below