Application for the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering International Doctoral Studentships in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the City University of London in UK.
The studentships support motivated aspirants wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School’s key research areas for the academic year 2020-2021. A doctoral studentship will provide: An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2020/21), and Full tuition fee for Home and EU students. Applications from international applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the international and home tuition fee.
Located in the heart of London, the City, University of London is a leading global university committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions. It is ranked as the 351st best university in the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Studentships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Hold a good honours degree (normally no less than a second class honours degree or an equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, if the first degree is in a different subject area, a university can consider applications from those with a good Master’s Degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of their proposed research.
- The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research.
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must submit proof of English Language proficiency (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language.
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the studentships, applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. Please visit the research degrees web pages below for further information. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Library and Information Science. The online application can be found in the How to apply section on each of the Research Degree pages listed above.
Application must include:
- Candidates must submit all the required documents such as Research proposal (Guidance on how to write a research proposal), copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in official English translation, Official work e-mail addresses for two referees and passport.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 20, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below