Application for the SERB-UBC Funding for Indian Students in Canada – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of British Columbia in UK.
The program supports Indian students who want to undertake a Doctoral degree program in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Each scholarship provides four years of funding: a monthly living allowance of USD 2,000 plus funding by UBC to cover tuition costs.
Established in 1908, the University of British Columbia is a public research university that offers various undergraduate and graduate degree-level programs for the students. It is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SERB-UBC FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from India are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- The The studentships are awarded to pursue a PhD degree program in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Must have completed their previous degree in India within the last 24 months of the application deadline.
- Students must check the academic entry requirements of the chosen program.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
SERB-UBC FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must apply to study in a PhD degree program at UBC at either its Vancouver or Okanagan campus following UBC’s normal procedures and deadlines. Applicants are encouraged to state in their admission application or otherwise notify their prospective graduate program of their interest in being nominated for funding from SERB. UBC-V and UBC-O graduate programs are to provide the names and UBC student numbers of admitted PhD applicants from India via the SERB PhD Scholarship survey (https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cBmdzALgZBRIf8F).
Application must include:
- Applicants must provide copies of the documents such as academic transcripts, certificates, and CV.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 8, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below