Application for the Short-Term Studies Awards for International Students in Lithuania – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Lithuania Government in Lithuania.
The aim of this funding opportunity is to encourage highly motivated international students who want to commence an undergraduate degree programme in Lithuania. The Government of Lithuania will provide an award of amount approx. 400 EUR. Students of the third study cycle and local studies approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly approx scholarship of 800 EUR.
Lithuania has a long-standing higher education tradition and offers foreigners a warm climate. Students can choose to study full-time or part-time.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SHORT-TERM STUDIES AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from the following countries:
- The Eastern Partnership countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
- ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Lithuania priority export market countries: Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Turkey, South Africa Republic.
- Undergraduate degree programme in any subject offered by the university.
- Must have to receive an official endorsement of acceptance from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution.
- Must have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme.
- Applicants must need to submit previous year’s degrees or certificates with good academic results.
- TOEFL and IELTS are appropriate, as are CPE or other generally accepted measures of English competence. If the applicant does not possess any of those credentials, then a signed letter verifying the language proficiency of the English or Lithuanian professor of the home university is also appropriate.
SHORT-TERM STUDIES AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for this programme, applicants are required to take admission in an undergraduate degree programme.
Application must include:
- Completed application form
- The Conditional Agreement for Studies
- One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other educational staff, tutor or employer
- Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 16, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below