Application for the SIMaP PhD Positions for International Students at MATHEGRAM ITN 2019/20 Entry is now open at University within the MATHEGRAM network or affiliated universities.
MATHEGRAM is now recruiting 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). Each ESR will work at a beneficiary institute with a 36-month employment contract and will register as a PhD at a University within the MATHEGRAM network or affiliated universities.
Each ESR will also receive additional training at the network level and undergo secondments at academic and/or non-academic MATHEGRAM partners.
MATHEGRAM aims to equip a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative professional research engineers with an open and responsible approach to their research, with interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral (i.e. academic and non-academic) experience.
SIMaP was created in 2007 from the association of three former laboratories of the CNRS (the national centre for science), Grenoble INP (the group of graduate engineering schools) and UGA (the University of Grenoble Alpes). In 2016, the laboratory brings together about 200 collaborators: 60 faculties and researchers, 15 emerita, 42 technical and administrative staff, 80 PhD and postdoc and about 30 trainees from engineer degrees to masters. SIMaP is localized on the « east campus » of Grenoble, on the city of Saint Martin d’Hères and spans over about 6300 m2 of buildings of Grenoble–INP.
SIMAP PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- These vacancies are open to all nationals, including candidates from non-EU countries.
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full-time equivalent) years of reexperience within a research career;
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment;
- Highly motivated for working towards a PhD AND for the overall MATHEGRAM research and training objectives;
- holding a master’s degree in the areas relevant to the MATHEGRAM project(s);
- Having not already been awarded a PhD degree;
- Willingness to learn the local language of the host institution;
- Good communication and team-working skills.
English Language Requirements: Proficiency in English (English certificates will be required, such as IELTS or TOEFL, for the projects hosted at beneficiaries in the UK).
SIMAP PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates can send their applications to: [email protected], as soon as possible but no later than 8th Jan 2019.
All applications should include the following in a single PDF file:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages), including (1) preferences for one or more of the ESR projects and (2) consent to distribute your application materials to the recruitment committee members and supervisors of MATHEGRAM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Degree certificates and transcripts containing the courses taken and grades obtained (both original versions, and English translations)
- English certificates and other relevant certificates
- A list of publications (optional).
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below