Application for the SME Education Foundation Scholarship for U.S. and Canadian Students: 2019/2020 Entry is now open through SME Education Foundation in the United States of America.
The SME Education Foundation invites applications for the 2019-2020 SME Education Foundation Scholarship. The scholarship is open to the students who are pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
The foundation will offer a fund from $1,000 – $6,000 which can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education. The fund is available on U.S. and Canadian Students who are pursuing a degree in a qualifying major.
The SME Education Foundation inspires, prepares and supports manufacturing career opportunities for students at every level. Created by SME in 1979, the foundation has provided more than $33 million in grants, scholarships, and awards and has supported student outreach and education programs through its partnerships with corporations, foundations, organizations, and individual donors.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SME EDUCATION FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarships are available to students from the United States or Canada.
In addition to the standard application form, applicants should also:
- Must be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolling as part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student, attending accredited colleges or universities in the United States or Canada for the next fall term.
- Scholarships are only available to citizens of the U.S. and territories, citizens of Canada, students with permanent residency status in the U.S. (i.e. green card) or Canada, or applicants with the U.S. or Canadian student visa.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or 70 on a 100 point (%) scale. Most scholarships have a minimum GPA of 3.0/80.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a qualifying major
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
SME EDUCATION FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarships.smeef.org/applications/
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below