Application for the Society in Science–The Branco Weiss Postdoctoral Fellowships to Study Abroad in Zurich – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich.
The fellowship is open for applicants of all nationalities and it supports postdoctoral researchers after their PhD and before their first faculty appointment. The program is open to researchers at the postdoctoral level in all disciplines. A Branco Weiss Fellowship will cover the award amount is CHF 100,000 per year. It also covers all legitimate costs of research (i.e. salary and/or equipment, travel expenses, consumables, personnel, etc.)
The fellowship was established in 2002, it is financed by the Swiss entrepreneur Dr Branco Weiss. The program is fully based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH).
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
THE BRANCO WEISS FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Researchers from around the world are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
- Fellows are free to select any research area of their choice anywhere in the world, for up to five years. Ideally, fellows pursue unconventional projects in new areas of science, engineering, and social sciences.
- The grant is open for PhD holders.
- For admission at the university candidates, must have a bachelor’s degree or 180 credits ECTS (European credit transfer system), respectively.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
THE BRANCO WEISS FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the opportunity , the applicants need to enrol at any university in any subject or course you wish to study. After taken admission, applicants are eligible to submit required material and information for your online application for the opportunity.
Application must include:
- To be applying for the fellowship, applicants must submit required documents letter of motivation including a statement explaining why your research differs from the mainstream (max. 1 page), your proposed research project (max. 4 pages, plus references), your CV (max. 4 pages), copies of your three best publications, application overview (download template here), including reasoning of why you believe that you are a perfect candidate for a Branco Weiss Fellowship (max. 1000 characters).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 15, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below