Application for the Sophia International Students Scholarship in Japan – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Sophia University in Japan.
The educational award is available for high achieving Japanese and International candidates who are going to start their undergraduate and graduate study journey at Sophia University, Japan. Grant varies from one-third to the full amount of tuition fees.
Sophia University was founded in 1913 in Japan. It is one of the most reputable private researches in Japanese universities. It takes its name from the Greek Sophia meaning “wisdom”.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SOPHIA SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Japanese and Overseas (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thai, Vietnam, Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Ghana, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Togo, Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin, Mali, Mauritania, Liberia, Gabon, Cameroon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, San Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Central African Republic, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Comoros, Djibouti, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mozambique, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Malawi, Republic of South Africa, Mauritius, Lesotho, and Republic of South Sudan) applicants are eligible to apply.
- Applicants can apply for a bachelor or a postgraduate degree program in any field offered by the university.
- An applicant must be a new student to the university who are enrolling in a degree program either in a 2019 or 2020 year.
- Interested candidates need to check the admission information before applying to the admission or grant.
- The candidates have to demonstrate their English language ability by taking the TOEFL or IELTS test.
SOPHIA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The application for this award can be made at the time of admission. While applying to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the university, students can send their grant application forms.
- Grant Application form for International Students
- Award Application Form for Japanese Candidates
Application must include:
- The original transcript of record, copy of income certificate, residence certificate, FY2019 Taxation Certificate or Tax Exemption Certificate, housing contract, and other documents to verify income.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 7, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below