Application for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award for International Students in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Soroptimist in UK.
The award offset any costs associated with the efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation. Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education: Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club, Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award, and Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
Soroptimist is a global volunteer organization that provides women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LIVE YOUR DREAM AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- The sponsorship will be awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
- You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- You must meet the entry requirements for taking admission at the university.
- Participants must be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
LIVE YOUR DREAM AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications for the opportunity must be received through the online system.
Application must include:
- Plan who your references will be.
- Draft your personal statement: In 750 words or less, tell us how you think this could help you live your dream.
- Enter your contact information and application responses.
- Request two references from people who aren’t related to you (we recommend people you know from an education or work setting).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15 each year will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below