Application for the Special Research Fund-Doctoral Scholarships for Foreign Students in Belgium – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the University of Ghent in Belgium.
With support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF), Ghent University wishes to support university research groups or research centers in developing countries in their aim to grow into excellent research centers by upgrading local academic personnel.The BOF doctoral opportunities are initially awarded for 2 years. After an intermediate evaluation, for which the Research Council assesses the probability that the grant will lead to a Ph.D. degree, the second term of maximum 2 years can be granted. Candidates who have to submit an application for the prolongation of their BOF doctoral support will be invited by the BOF team in due time and the amount of The grant is approximately € 2.150 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
The university aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SPECIAL RESEARCH FUND-DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Both Belgian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have submitted an eligible application in 2019 for the call or the call both with deadline 1 March 2019.
- Candidates who haven’t applied for an FWO Ph.D. Fellowship fundamental research or an FWO Ph.D. Fellowship strategic basic research in 2019, but who are eligible to apply for one of both calls in 2020 (deadline 1 March 2020).
- To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
SPECIAL RESEARCH FUND-DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates have to fill in the application form together with their Ghent University supervisor and submit either in Dutch or English.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below