Application for the Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for Japanese and International Students in Japan – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Kochi University of Technology in Japan.
The Kochi University of Technology is offering a Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for April 2021 intake. This special scholarship is available for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering. The Kochi University of Technology will provide all the following study expenses: Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee. To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary. 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
The aim of the Special Scholarship Program is to enable and encourage academically able students from Japan and any nationality.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Japanese and international students can apply for these endowments.
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- All the interested candidates must take part in a doctoral degree at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
Application must include:
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before September 17, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below