Application for the Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement & International Competitions in Australia – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the Australian Government in Australia.
The purpose of this grant is to support young Australians under the age of 18 to attend or participate in STEM-related events, activities, and competitions in Australia and overseas.The Australian Government has announced a total of $7.23 million per year in ongoing funding for the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme. For this grant opportunity, up to $1.6 million is available each year.$1 million per year for student participation in STEM engagement activities and events that take place in Australia or overseas and $600,000 per year for student participation in international STEM competitions taking place outside Australia.
The Government of Australia commonly referred to as the Australian Government, the Commonwealth Government, Her Majesty’s Government, or the Federal Government. It is made up of democratically-elected representatives from around Australia.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SPONSORSHIP GRANTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Aspirants from Australia.
- Any course in any subject.
- To be eligible for this grant, the applicant must be a primary or secondary school that is registered with a state or territory authority, an incorporated not for profit organization and an entity incorporated in Australia. Candidate needs to hold the Australian Business Number (ABN).
- To be eligible your project must involve the participation of a student or a group of students at an eligible event, have at least $1,000 in eligible expenditure and be related to the pursuit of a field of STEM and one that promotes student engagement in STEM-related disciplines, or participation in STEM-based competitions both in Australia and overseas.
- Claimants need to demonstrate that they have met the English language proficiency.
SPONSORSHIP GRANTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you want to apply for this studentship then you are required to submit your application through the online portal. You will need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
Application must include:
- For being accepted, you need to attach the sample grant agreement – letter agreement.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship)will be considered.Applications will close when the funding for the year runs out.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below