Application for the Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship Program in USA – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Symantec Corporation in USA.
The aim of the fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage in the research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
A second component of the award is a salaried internship with Symantec that we plan to offer to all fellowship recipients. Interns will usually work directly with Symantec Research Labs at one of our locations (Culver City, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Dublin, Ireland; Sophia-Antipolis, France) or with another group within Symantec. Each recipient is paired with a mentor from Symantec. A mentor is a top researcher or engineer who can provide ongoing technical guidance on the recipient’s research during graduate training as well as during an internship at Symantec.
Symantec Corporation (commonly known as Symantec) is an American software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company produces software for security, storage, backup, and availability – and offers professional services to support its software.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SYMANTEC PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from USA, Ireland and France are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Applying students must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses and interests.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
SYMANTEC PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application materials must include the following:
Application must include:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 750 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 4, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below