Application for the Taiwan Government Scholarships for International Students – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at any eligible list of Colleges and Universities in Taiwan.
The Taiwan Government through the Ministry of Education (MOE) offers Bachelors, Masters, and PhD scholarships for international students who wants to study in Taiwan Colleges and Universities through the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
The program aims to encourage outstanding international students (excluding students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and countries around the world.
The maximum period of each scholarship is four years for undergraduate programs, two years for master programs, and four years for doctorate programs. The maximum length of the total awards for each recipient undertaking a combination of studies is five years.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TAIWAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a foreign national with a high-school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
- Applicants are ineligibleif they meet the following criteria:
- Are R.O.C. nationals or overseas Chinese students
- Are already registered or have obtained student status at any university/college in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule.
- Have already studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
- Are exchange or dual/joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements between local universities/colleges and international universities/colleges.
- Have been a recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship for over a total of five years.
- Have had, in the past, their Taiwan Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
- Are recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or education institutions in Taiwan. This excludes subsidies offered by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding the scholarship limit.
- Applicants should apply directly for admission within the deadlines specified by each university/college listed in the “Association of Taiwan Scholarship Program Schools” (see Appendix 1). Applications for admission outside of the universities/colleges participating in the Taiwan Scholarship Program are automatically disqualified and will not be returned.
TAIWAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Scholarship applicants should apply directly for admission to Taiwan universities and colleges of their choice within their specified application deadlines. For the application process, guidelines and forms, types of scholarship and quotas, selection criteria and deadlines, applicants should directly contact the relevant Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office, as early as possible or by 31 January each year.
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must send all completed documents to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country. In principle, the yearly application period is from 1 February through 31 March. However, the actual application period will be in accordance with the general regulations of the local Taiwan Representative Offices.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below