Application for the Tang Visiting Scholar’s Fellowship in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Columbia University in USA.
The aim of the fellowship is to support one scholar each year for an in-residence research period of 10 months at Columbia University, or to two scholars for a period of 5 months each, depending on the need of the proposed projects. Fellowship funds can be used to cover airfare, living expenses, and fees accrued during the fellow’s residence at the university. The Fellowship also includes a modest travel fund for the fellow to visit other US cities or institutions. The successful candidate may be invited to teach short-term courses or seminars which, if it happens, will carry a supplemental adjunct salary.
Columbia University is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City, often cited as one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
VISITING SCHOLAR’S FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from China, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants must have PhD degree in hand at the start of the fellowship period, or have outstanding research credential.
- Applicants must be able to manage the day-to-day conversation in English.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an academic institution in their country of origin.
- Past recipients are not eligible to apply for two years, except for projects evaluated by the Tang Advisory Committee as necessary to receive multiple years of support.
- Applicants must have a certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, PET acceptable).
VISITING SCHOLAR’S FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply via the online application form.
Application must include:
- Project timeline
- Travel itineraries (if travel budget is requested)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation (in English)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below