Application for the TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program for Women in STEM in USA for 2019 entry is now open.
TechWomen empowers, connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East by providing them the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities.
The mission of TechWomen is to empower, connect and support the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by providing them with the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and become role models for women and girls in their communities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TECHWOMEN EMERGING LEADERS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurial-ism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
TECHWOMEN EMERGING LEADERS PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The 2019 TechWomen application is now open. Apply now
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 19, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and enquiries OR leave a comment below