Application for the The MQA Bursary Scheme in Mining and Minerals Sector in South Africa – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) in South Africa.
The bursary is available for students enrolled in careers identified in the scarce and critical skills list, particularly in core mining-related disciplines. Students should have strong academic records. The bursary scheme covers tuition and registration fees; residence fees or out of residence living costs; books; stationery; and toolkit allowance per bursar per semester.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MQA BURSARY SCHEME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The bursary is only available for South African Citizens.
- The bursary is only available to persons who are currently employed in the Mining and Minerals
- Preference in the awarding of the bursary will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants
based on a weighting system based on the following criteria: gender, disability, appropriateness of
the qualification in relation to the Mining and Mineral Sector as well as academic performance.
- The bursary is only available to applicants who want to pursue their studies at a South African
university and university of technology. Applications to study at a private institution will not be
- The awarding of the bursary is at the sole discretion of the MQA and communication will only be
entered into with the pre-selected candidates. The MQA also reserves the right not to award a
bursary to any pre-selected candidate(s).
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into a bursary contractual agreement signed
between the candidate and the MQA.
- The students of South Africa can apply for this application.
MQA BURSARY SCHEME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The application form must be submitted Together with all the required supporting
Application must include:
- Completed application forms with the required supporting documents can be hand-delivered at,
or posted to one of the following address
- Gauteng 7 Anerley Road, Block C, Parktown, 2193
- Postal address: Private Bag X118, Marshalltown, 2107
- Eastern Cape: King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road
- Cicira Village, Mthatha,
- Free State: Goldfields TVET College, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tosa Campus
- Limpopo: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phathudi Campus
- Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer,
- Mpumalanga: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozamkomo Campus,
- 1 Moses Kotane Drive, Ferrobank,
- North West: Old Shopping Complex, 53 Karee Street, Mooinooi
- Northern Cape: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus,
- Hans Coetzee Drive, Kathu,
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below