Application for the TIGP Fully-Funded PhD Programs for International Students in Taiwan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Academia Sinica in Taiwan.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is a Ph.D. program, started in 2002, by Academia Sinica, the foremost research institution of Taiwan. In cooperation with top universities in Taiwan, Academia Sinica offers advanced, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. Programs, in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics. The stipend levels are about US$ 12,720 per year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for those students who perform well academically. [email protected] offers students a monthly stipend of NTD $34,000 (about USD $1,100) for the first year. For students who perform well, this stipend will be extended in the 2nd and the 3rd year.
TIGP students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TIGP PHD PROGRAMS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students can apply for these endowments.
- TIGP offers twelve PhD programs:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- Candidates must have earned a Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree by the time they apply for admission to the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP).
- Applicants must have to accomplish the admission requirements of the university.
- Students from non-English-speaking countries are expected to read, write, comprehend, and speak English in order to be admitted for graduate study. Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure. One of the following language test scores must be provided for the application. Please note that test scores submitted must be taken within the past two years. Applicants should ensure that the test score(s) be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office prior to the university registration day. These documents will not be returned to you. Although the English proficiency requirement for admission may vary in respective programs, the recommended requirements are as follows:
(1) TOEFL: A total TOEFL score of 79 on internet-based or 550 on paper-based test is strongly recommended as the minimum admission requirement for all programs. Please note that neither institutional TOEFL nor TOEFL-ITP will be accepted; only ETS International TOEFL (iBT or PBT) will be accepted. (2) IELTS: A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) taken within the past two years is required. *The minimum IELTS requirement for Bioinformatics Program is 6.0. (3) GEPT: In addition to TOEFL and IELTS, applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center. Under this option, applicants must submit their high intermediate level certificate with the application.
TIGP PHD PROGRAMS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree by the time they apply for admission to the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP). All candidates can apply through the TIGP Online Application. For copies of the TIGP application form, please check with the application form. [MS Word] [PDF]
Application must include:
- Academic transcript and Course content information Formal transcripts from all enrolled colleges or universities should be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below